Your trees are talking to you. All you need to do is learn the language and a tree will give you at least 5 signs when it is time to be removed. You do not need to be a skilled tree doctor or even a great gardener to discern that a tree is sick, lacking in water or nutrients, or has become a hazard. Here are some signs to help you tell when a tree is in trouble:
- It is bug infested to the extent that the tree has weakened over time. Limbs may fall off in a brisk wind and you can see the damage.
- The tree was planted many years ago, yet has discolored, dry leaves and stunted growth.
- The tree was planted in a clump of trees and has become crowded out from not receiving light, water, or soil nutrients.
- The tree is seriously large and gangly and suffers from a lack of pruning, causing weak branches and distorted shape.
- The tree has split and large sections that have become hazardous to your home, street, or sidewalk.
Sometimes, a tree has been planted in a former orchard or other location that has collected waste that is toxic to the tree. If that’s the case, it’s questionable whether you will be able to plant trees in that location. Depending on the chemical, you may be able to flood it out with large amounts of water applied repeatedly over time. The only surefire way of telling whether the location will support a tree is to invest in another tree. However, a trained arborist can offer a professional opinion about the location,
When you suspect a tree is in trouble, or you decide to have it removed, a professional tree service can help you. Grinders Tree Service specializes in tree trimming, pruning, tree removal, and stump removal and grinding. Grinders is ready to advise you on tree fertilizing, watering, and optimal growing location. They are staffed by trained arborists and offer 24-hour emergency services as well. Call for your free quote today!